Monday, March 29, 2010
Have You Met... Bradley van Middlekoop?
Name: Bradley van Middelkoop
Position: Director of Choral Music; Conservatory of Music and Dance
Years at MHC: almost 2
Education Background: Bachelor of Arts; Master of Music
Favourite part about working at MHC: Working with kids! I love their innocence, energy, and enthusiasm, and love to watch them learn something new and get excited about it!
Interesting Fact: I am heading to Africa this summer to work with the African Children’s Choir! From August 12 to 31, I and a team of 7 individuals are heading to Uganda to provide three weeks of VBS for children in need. The campers will enjoy a safe and clean place to stay, have three proper meals a day, and learn music and life-skills - all things that are not typically found in their daily lives. It will also be a professional development opportunity, as I will be teaching music and singing to campers, and educating adults about pedagogical classroom tools.
To raise awareness and support, I am holding a Music for Life Benefit Concert on April 25, 2010 at 2 pm at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Admission is free; a free-will offering will be collected. The concert will feature the award-winning Medicine Hat College Children’s Choir, the Frelick Family Trio, and Allison Wonnick and I playing Denis Bedard’s Duet Suite for Piano and Organ.
For more information on making a donation, the African Children’s Choir, Music for Life, the Benefit Concert, or our team, please contact me! You may also be interested in visiting the African Children’s Choir website: http://africanchildrenschoir.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment